- See Shep Brown's Boat Basin on this Google map.
- Get the directions below in printer-friendly PDF format.
- Jump to Directions to Shep Brown's Boat Basin .
- Jump to Directions to the Three Mile Island parking lot .
The A.M.C. Three Mile Island Camp launch, the "Appy V", picks up and drops off passengers at the Public Boat landing at Shep Brown's in Meredith, NH. During the summer season, there are scheduled launch times at 9:00 am, 12:00 noon, 2:00 pm (Sat. only), and 5:00 pm. Launch passengers should have reservations on the island or have made previous arrangements with the Summer Manager or Off-Season Manager.
In recent summers, the public parking lot at Shep Brown's has been very crowded, particularly on weekends.
In an effort to provide enough parking space for TMI campers and staff, and to free up space in the public lot for our neighbors on Bear and Pine Islands, Three Mile Island has purchased land and constructed a fenced parking area near the top of Lovejoy Sands Road.
The Three Mile Island parking is on the right side of the road as you head toward the lake, just before the first storage building. If the gate is locked, ask the Launch Driver for the combination.
Please park in the Three Mile Island lot rather than the main public lot. It's only about a three-minute walk to the dock. Handicapped accessible parking continues to be available in the main public lot right in front of the public docks.
Directions to Shep Brown's Boat Landing in Meredith, New Hampshire:
- From Interstate 93, take Exit 23, Route 104.
- Follow Route 104 east for about 8 miles.
- Turn left, (north) onto Route 3.
- Follow Route 3 for about a mile into the village of Meredith. (You'll see Meredith Bay on the right).
- Turn right at the traffic light onto Route 25 East.
- Follow Route 25 east for a short distance and bear right onto Pleasant Street.
- Follow Pleasant Street for about 1/2 mile to the end; bear right onto Meredith Neck Road.
- Follow Meredith Neck Road for about 2.5 miles; turn left on Lovejoy Sands Road (follow the signs to "Shep Brown's Boat Basin")
- The Three Mile Island parking lot (see below) is a short distance down Lovejoy Sands Road on the right. The public boat landing is straight ahead.
Directions to the Three Mile Island Parking Lot:
As you drive down the approach road into the Shep Brown's area, our parking lot is behind a chain link fence just before the first building on the right. (There is a "sandwich board" sign in front of the Three Mile Island parking lot.)
If the gate is locked upon your arrival, ask the Launch Driver for the combination.
At popular launch times, such as mid-day on Saturdays, a TMI representative may be at the dock with parking lot information.
Hope to see you soon!